Thursday, August 27, 2009

Swiping the Blog V-Card

Fellow Football followers and Posh Spice admirers,

Welcome.

Though my football expertise is fairly limited to executing give-and-go passes, lob shots, and the slide tackle in FIFA 2009 on XBOX 360, I take pride in being an informed fan and hope you will too. Taming Posh Spice will focus on Euro Leagues (English Premier, Spanish La Liga, Itialian Serie A, French Ligue 1, and German Bundesliga), but look for the occasional mention of South American leagues and maybe a plug for the USA squad.

As the debate over, even the conversation on, the appropriateness of whether the USA's use of "soccer" as an acceptable term to describe the sport that the rest of the world calls "football" has grown tenuous, immature, and more boring than watching an early season MLB game, football will be the accepted terminology for the purpose of blogging.

While my readers will likely ordain me as the Gary Coleman (not Arnold Jackson) of the football blogosphere, it is my sincere hope that you will find my stories informative, my nuances bearable, my attempts at humor . . . well, humorous, and my antics only moderately offensive.

I've grown to accept that I generally perform poorly in my first impressions and, as a result, consider it my general duty to make up for my first impression inadequacies with overt attempts at reconciliation in future conversations. . .

In the meantime . . . stay peaceful, stay sober, and don't watch any Major League Soccer.

-BarryLird

Photo(s): Gary Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment